Movie Talk: Alita, Battle Angel

Talk about Bumblebee being lifelike, Alita the female cyborg is even more so. Alita, Battle Angel hasn't been released in America, not until 14 February, but the movie has been a Chinese New Year offering here in Malaysia. Just when some friends who came back for the festive season called to meet up, my nephew surprised me when he announced that we were going to watch a movie. I met up with my friends at 10 pm and made an appointment to meet my nephew at the cinema at half past eleven. Alita, Battle Angel - a James Cameron and Jon Landau produced movie, is based on Yukito Kishiro's manga series Gunnm. Right from the beginning of the movie, I was amazed with how lifelike the disembodied Alita is when Dr. Dyson, the cyborg scientist first found her in the junkyard. Both Bumblebee and Alita lose their memory but I can't remember the former shedding a tear. The latter, however, after having been given a new body, befriends and falls in love for a teenage human boy named Hugo and cries like a baby at the prospect of losing him. The movie has a credible incredible storyline, is exciting throughout especially when cyborgs attempt to scalp Alita during a game of Motorball. The movie however, would leave some with a dry taste in the mouth when it ends with a cliffhanger.
                                 More Movies............


Comments