Song Talk: Sunshine on my Shoulders


John Denver. When did the American country singer pass away? 1997; as a result of a plane crash? I probably wouldn't forget the singer with the round glasses and a mouth as wide as can be. His song Country Roads, Take me Home is a very popular Karaoke song and there are other hits like Annie's song which he composed for his first wife, Annie and this he did in only ten minutes after the couple had had an argument; and then, there was this song that was composed when the couple went camping together, Rocky Mountain High.  One probably couldn't imagine that the couple split in 1982 and the singer even went to the extent of cutting their marital bed in half with a chainsaw. I was pleasantly reminded of John Denver when his song Sunshine on my Shoulder was featured in a Taiwanese TV series.


Here's Annie's Song...


Comments