Cempedak Fritters

Miss Ng just send me a link to a video in YouTube which features a new variety of jackfruit; jackfruit is usually big but the new one is small, the size of an apple and could be easily opened by just pressing it. I was reminded of the cempedak Artocarpus integer which shares the same genus as the jackfruit. One day, a colleague asked me to help carry a big bag of cempedak which she had harvested from her farm. It was very heavy but fret not, she gave me and other friends too, a cempedak of our choice. I took mine home and in the afternoon had it dipped in flour and deep fried into chempedak fritters for tea. Then, a few days later, another colleague treated us to more cempedak; this time, it was cempedak madu, a new variety which was sweeter and orangy but frankly; new variety or not, I still prefer my cempedak fritters.





Comments