A Rose Garden

I beg your pardon. I never promise you a rose garden. Forget the American country singer Lynn Anderson and her 1970 signature song, Rose Garden. This is more about a rosarium, a garden or a park which grow various types of garden roses. I have heard that there were rose gardens in Cameron Highlands in the 70s but I couldn't remember seeing one during my maiden visit there then. The first rose garden that I ever  came across was in the 90s; in Christchurch in New Zealand. It was a small one but oh boy! I could understand why the couple there spread a cloth on the grass and basked under the sun. The red roses there were blooming profusely and one couldn't help getting romantic. It was unlike my very own rose garden where when the roses bloom, they could be counted. Sigh!






Comments