Movie Talk: The Addams Family

When I called Ah Heng earlier this morning, he sounded unfocused. Hey, what are you doing? I asked and he told me he was in the midst of watching a ghost movie. He had been watching many movies during these two weeks during the movement restriction order, I learned. During this period, I did watch a ghost movie too; that is if one could consider the 2019 animated version of The Addams Family a ghost movie.  After all, the grotesque looks and the love of the macabre of the members that made up the fictional household could pass them off as a family of vampires. The Addams Family was created in 1938 by American cartoonist Charles Addams,   and there was already a black and white television series as early as 1964. The 2019 computer-animated version is described as a supernatural black comedy horror movie. Personally, I don't find it frightening, black maybe but not as funny as I like it to be.



Comments