Movie Talk: Midway

When Ah Heng asked if I'd go for the movie Midway, I said okay; as long as it was not the latest version of Terminator which I watched just recently. Midway is a 2019 American war film; not my cup of tea; and indeed it was rather old fashioned and even with all the action scenes; the planes flying and the smoke billowing into the sky when Pearl Harbour is attacked and when the Americans are battling the Japanese in the subsequent Battle of Midway, I was just trying to keep awake. Americans may love it; history lovers too; but I do find it hard to relate to the fear or anxiety that are painted all over the faces of the actors even though the Roland Emmerich directed film is graced by an ensemble cast which include Ed Skrein, Patrick Wilson, Luke Evans, Aaron Eckhart, Nick Jonas, Mandy Moore, Dennis Quaid, Tadanobu Asano and Woody Harrelson.




Comments