Delightful Pomegranate

Ah, I'd visited Iran and Northern India but I didn't see any pomegranate growing there. The fruit is supposed to have  originated from these regions but then I wasn't there to look for the fruit which is said to be in season at different time in the Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere; September to February in the former and March to May in the latter. In the tropics, I suppose the pomegranate plant which I bought from the nursery should bear fruits the whole year round; just that it didn't. I had it planted it in the backyard initially and when it didn't grow well,  I had it transferred to a pot, fed it fertilizers diligently and it grew better but it just bore a fruit or two which went bad. There was a long lull after that before it bore fruits again. Then, I just took delight in watching the fruits turned red.








Comments