A Buffalo

Those days when I took a bus to school, a young man would board the bus when I was three quarters through  the journey and nearing my destination. The young man had seemingly fair skin and blond hair and I had thought that there was a caucasian living in the vicinity. Later, of course, I learn about albinism, the congenital disorder that affected him. Albinism is characterized by the complete or partial absence of pigment in the skin, hair and eye and a man's skin and hair become white as a result. It can also happen in mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and fish but I think I've only seen albino snakes; and recently an albino buffalo. That was in Napokae in Phatthalung, Southern Thailand. Napokae means rice field of the ancestor and tourists visiting Napokae supposedly get to learn the way of life of Phatthalung’s farmers.













Comments