Making of a Wetland

There was a small patch of land near the place I work that functioned like a little forest. There were big trees there which probably were homes to a variety of birds. I remembered a beautiful black and white bird once flew into the room and got hit by the spinning ceiling fan. I had thought the owner of the land had had plans for the land when the trees were chopped off and the land was filled with red earth. Then, weeks and later months passed and the barren land was overgrown with bushes and another species of trees. I suppose the place had been overtaken by a secondary forest. Later, when the rain came,  a big part of the land got clogged with water and the trees died. The water probably had been there for over a year or two now and it looks like presently, there are fishes and other aquatic life there. Birds came to hunt for food and occasionally, one could spot a monitor lizard swimming in the brackish water. I like to believe that I've seen the making of a wetland.








Comments