Romantic Thought

I remember reading fairy tales from the West when a child. Snow scenes like the one in Danish Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Match Girl bowled me over even though the story did not end in a happy note. I thought it romantic when children take a basket to the forest to pick wild mushroom, wishing that I could do it too with someone like minded ; or was it wild berries children in such stories picked? Mushrooms, I heard, are poisonous if colourful. The oyster mushrooms kulat tiram kelabu which I saw in an exhibition recently weren't colourful certainly; and  of course, they weren't picked from the forest. Since the Germans first cultivated mushrooms for food during World War I ,the world community has been cultivating them commercially for the same purpose. Mm....remind me of some hot soup!




Comments