No, I am not Humpty Dumpty!

No, I am not Humpty Dumpty!

Humpty Dumpty which appears in Lewis Carrolls's Through the Looking-Glass, where he discusses semantics and pragmatics with Alice is a popular nursery rhyme character often portrayed as an egg.The rhyme first printed in 1810 is posed as a riddle and does not actually state that Humpty Dumpty is an egg. . Similar riddles has been known to exist in other languages, such as Boule Boule in French or Lille Trille in Swedish and Norwegian but Humpty Dumpty in English is the most widely known:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

Comments

Liudmila said…
I would say what it's similar to... But it's better if I say nothing...
Unknown said…
It reminds me of a friend of mine said that Humpty Dumpty is portrayed as a potato. I together with some other friends of ours laugh at him.

Benedict
adespets.co.cc
footiam said…
That sounds naughty!
footiam said…
Thanks Benallos for sharing your personal experience with your friend.