Plant Talk: Labels on Fruits

I haven't notice this but Sally forwarded me an e-mail that states that labels on fruits could have four digits or five digits and they start with the number 4, 8 or 9. The labels starting with the number 4 are conventional fruit labels and they are grown with herbicides and harmful fertilizers. Fruits with labels beginning with the digit 8 are genetically modified while those starting with 9 are organic and safe to eat. I think I'll take note of that the next time I shop for fruits. Thanks Sally!

Comments

Liudmila said…
Oh, this is interesting. I've never looked at it. I look on the worms: if there is a worm -the fruit is organic, if there are not worms and the fruit is perfect -it's with pesticides.

Unfortunatelly I don't know if the worms eat modifyed fruits.
footiam said…
Oh, I would not want an apple with worms in it! But it is okay if it leafy vegetables have signs that it has been eaten by them.