Movie Talk: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

I remember getting very excited once when Ah Heng said he wanted to treat me to a Korean horror movie. It was quite a long time since I last watch one, a horror movie, I mean; and that is if you consider that it has been a long time since the release of Conjuring 2.  So, honestly, I was a little bit  dissapointed when on the chosen day, we discovered that the Korean movie was not playing in the cinema. We decided to watch another movie instead and opted for the computer-animated superhero film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Having not heard of this movie before, I had expected another version of Peter Parker and his being bitten by a radioactive spider and all that. Imagine my surprise when he was not featured, at least not at the beginning of the movie. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is more about Miles Morales, a black teenager who admires Spider-Man and later later becomes spiderman himself. Peter Parker appears towards the later part of the movie; older, depressed, and worn-down as he has problems with his marriage to Mary Jane. Great movie to watch. Lots of fun and surprises!



Comments