Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween

One day, in Taiping Mall, I just asked if my little grandnephew if he wanted to watch a movie. He was game for it and so was his sister. Since most of the movies then were adult fare, I picked for them Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween, thinking it was a fun animated movie. The Ari Sandel directed movie about two young boys who  accidentally brings Slappy the Dummy to life and releases monsters, demons and creatures in their little town of Wardenclyffe, New York was an entertaining watch but throughout the movie, I was rather worried if the children could take it. Slappy does look sinister enough to send chills down their little spines and there were times when they jumped in their seats. Frankly, I don't recommend little children for the movie and was surprised that it is supposed to be based on a children book -  R. L. Stine's  children's horror book series. Having been fed fairy tales as a kid, I wonder since when were horror books written for children...


Comments