Up, up and Away!

Up, up and Away!

Actually, this pic does not remind me of Superman, the man of Steel from Krypton. It reminded me more of an ancient tale of a tortoise which was flown round by ducks so that it could see more of the world. The tortoise had to hang on to a piece of stick with its mouth as it was taken for its ride and had been reminded not to open its mouth. At one stage of the journey though, the tortoise forgot the advice and probably, wanting to make a comment on the beautiful world below, opened its mouth and had a fatal fall. I suppose this tale like many other famous Buddhist Jataka tales has a moral behind the story. To find out who this tale is originally intended for, check out Dhamma Delights!

Comments

Liudmila said…
I am always surprized to see such pics. These fishes are so heavy! The eagles and others are so powerful!
footiam said…
I believe it's touched up.