I remind you of Puss in Boots, don't I?


I remind you of Puss in boots, don't I?


No, forget about the cat which helps an impoverished master to attain wealth in the popular European fairy tale. There are many versions of Puss in Boots and the best known is said to be in the 1697 Charles Perrault's colection, 'Contes de ma mère l'Oye' or 'Mother Goose Tales','The Master Cat'. Giovanni Francesco Straparola, an Italian writer and fairy tales collector, however is believed to have invented the story and the oldest version of Puss in Boots could be found in his Constantino Fortunato in 'The Facetious Nights of Straparolaa' which is a two-volume collection of 75 fairy tales. 'The Puss in Boots' I am referring to is the one in the movie Shrek 2. This cat speaks good English and Spanish and has the voice of spanish actor, Antonio Banderas.

Now, meet Puss in Boots from Shrek!

Comments

Liudmila said…
Mmmm??? I thought, we have the voices similar to our relatives. My sister has the voice of my aunt and my voice is similar to my mother.
footiam said…
We share the same genes!