Plant Talk : Pick your Colours!


Ever have this idea of eating fruits according to their colours? If you are not after their taste but their benefits, perhaps you'll consider this - red fruits like strawberry and tomatoes are supposed to protect the heart and improve the blood flow. Orange and yellow fruits such as the carrots and corns are good for our vision. White fruits are good for the immune system and prevent cell inflamation. Blue fruits protect us afrom harmful UV rays and purple fruits slow down the aging process. The colours of the fruits are due to the pigments and these contain phytonutrients which incidentally has high levels of antioxidants. Yes, I suppose you can judge a fruit by its colour!

Comments

Liudmila said…
I heard just about this idea but it do not convince me. Probably I'm not right.
footiam said…
I don't know whether to believe or not, too but I thought the idea interesting.